Bamboo flooring has become one of the most popular flooring options on the market today. As New Zealand’s largest and most experienced Bamboo Flooring supplier, you can be confident that our seasoned staff will ensure that you are provided with the appropriate information, you need to make the right flooring choice.
We don’t just sell floors here at Ecodure. Just like every solid home is built from the floor up, that is how we have built our reputation – plank by plank, never skipping steps, or taking shortcuts. This means we provide our clients with the necessary information to make an educated choice. Ecodure Flooring is the preferred supplier of strand-woven bamboo flooring; in fact, we offer the most extensive range of Bamboo colour options available in New Zealand.
Aesthetically pleasing, sustainable, durable, cost-effective; dent resistant, bamboo flooring’s popularity is well deserved.
- Bamboo is known for its strength and hardness
- It is the fastest growing wood-like plant on Earth
- Bamboo’s short growth period makes it a resourceful alternative to wood
- It requires a smaller plot of land to grow in comparison to other timbers
- Bamboo is capable of conserving soil if the roots are left in the ground to regrow
- Bamboo is easily personalised because it comes in a wider variety of grains and colours in comparison to other flooring options
- It has a very high density making it hard-wearing
- Easy to keep clean
- Bamboo is subject to environmental conditions, particularly with increasing Relative Humidity levels. Therefore it is vitally important that the Relative Humidity in areas where the bamboo floors have been installed, be maintained between 40% – 60% at all times. Adequate ventilation is required when the home is closed for a period of time and RH levels to be maintained at the required 40% – 60% levels.
What makes Bamboo one of the best eco-friendly flooring options?
While sharing the positive similarities of hardwood, bamboo flooring is produced from a type of grass (Moso Grass), not a tree – making it far more sustainable than hardwood. Trees can take up to 20 years or more to grow, whereas bamboo reaches full maturity in 5 to 7 years. Studies have shown that in comparison to trees and other plants, Bamboo is far more proficient at sequestring atmospheric carbon.
Will the adhesive emit harmful toxins?
Most Bamboo Flooring planks are manufactured with the mass produced Hot Compressed method, where adhesive that uses heat, pressure, and a resin based adhesive that can release volatile organic chemicals (VOC). Our Cold-Compressed Bamboo Floors are manufactured and finished with top quality German Klumpp solvent free coatings. These are VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions meet the European standards.
- No heavy metals
- No phthalate plasticisers
- Meets all European E0 environmental standards
- Certified by the German Eco Institute
- The species of Bamboo we use is panda-friendly
- Will pass all Greenbuild Certification requirements
What is the difference between cold-compressed bamboo floors vs hot-compressed bamboo floors?
Both types of bamboo flooring are strand-woven. This entails intertwining split and crushed bamboo fibres into long strands that are woven together, compressed, and stabilised using resins and adhesives. This is where the similarities end. The main difference lies in the manufacturing process. The advantages of cold-compressed bamboo flooring are:
- Longer manufacturing process produces a superior product
- 15 days under pressure at room temperature = consistent density and a harder surface
- Less adhesive = More eco-friendly
- Modern manufacturing methods ensure no cold joints are used which can cause cracking
- Consistent surface appearance with the fewest joint lines, natural wood features and an abundance of colour options
Why choose Ecodure Bamboo Flooring?
Both cold and hot pressed manufacturing can produce a top-quality product. The real difference lies in the construction methods. Here at Ecodure, we’ve carefully selected bamboo manufacturers who believe in meticulous quality control procedures. They use the latest techniques, machinery, and non-toxic adhesives to consistently produce quality bamboo flooring.
- Cold-compressing uses less adhesives which is better for the environment
- All our floors carry the European E0 Standard for emission of VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- UNICLIC joining system on all edges and ends
- WaxPro edges for increased water resistance and ease of installation
- Seven coats of factory applied German Klumpp UV cured, water-based polyurethane with 2 layers of anti-scratch technology
- 35% harder than Jarrah or Kwila
- Durable and dent resistance
With Ecodure, you have the luxury of knowing the sky is the limit when it comes to choosing the floor beneath your feet. Contact us today or visit our showroom, conveniently located in Albany, Auckland.